Thursday, October 2, 2008

GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up A Success

I hope everyone enjoyed Wednesday’s GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up as much as I did. Throughout the day, I sampled delicious foods grown right here in Texas, and I couldn’t be more proud of our great state. More than 200 statewide GO TEXAN restaurants helped us celebrate homegrown ingredients and Texas food while benefiting area food banks. The success of the event means we will carry on the tradition next year.

I would like to extend my thanks to Farm Credit, who helped make the GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up possible.

For a glimpse at the event’s inaugural success, you can view news coverage from around the state at the links below:
Abeline Biz, Abeline
KTBC Fox 7 Austin
KVUE ABC Austin

Now that the GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up is over, it’s time to enjoy Texas Wine Month through the rest of October. Expect to see statewide wine promotions, including sales incentives, winery tours, wine festivals, in-store tastings, restaurant pairings and other activities in communities across the Lone Star State. Visit www.gotexanwine.org for more information.

No comments: