Thursday, November 24, 2011

There's a lot to be thankful for

With the historic drought, punishing days of heat over 100 degrees, the wildfires that have been too many to count, and the tough economy that we face, some may question what we have to be thankful for this year.

I am thankful for the countless firefighters who stepped forward to battle the blazes.

I am thankful for the many who donated hay, supplies and made monetary donations to meet the needs of their fellow Texans.

I am thankful for neighbors helping neighbors in their time of need.

I am thankful for the employers who have been hiring Texans during this downturn.

I am thankful to God who gives us strength to endure.

I am thankful for this Psalm that serves as a reminder of how temporary these difficult times really happen to be:
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100: 4-5 NIV

No comments: