Thursday, January 6, 2011

Starting A New Term

I was humbled, proud and privileged this week to be sworn into office for a second term as Texas Commissioner of Agriculture. I’d like to thank my family, friends and colleagues who attended the ceremony and also extend my gratitude to Texans who believe in our mission and have blessed me with the ability to serve another four years. Thanks also to Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and Speaker of the House Joe Straus who presided over the ceremony, and to Sec. of State Hope Andrade who administered the oath of office.

During the next fours years, I look forward to building on the progress of the past and embracing the partnerships that will lead us into the future. Ensuring Texas remains a national leader in agriculture, job creation and economic recovery is a responsibility I take seriously. I pledge to work with state and federal partners to limit government encroachment; protect the rights of private property owners; and safeguard our domestic sources of food and fiber so that we do not become dependent on foreign countries.

With your support, we will grow Texas agriculture and our economy while continuing to be a powerhouse of productivity. It’s an honor to serve you and the great state of Texas.

Here’s a short clip of the ceremony.

No comments: