Wednesday, October 1, 2008

GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up: A Dining Odessey

The GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up is finally here, and boy am I excited to spend the day touring Texas to sample the best foods our great state has to offer. I urge everyone to participate in today's first-ever Restaurant Round-Up as well. All you have to do is go out to eat at a participating GO TEXAN restaurant that serves fresh, Texas-grown foods. Some restaurants are donating proceeds from today to area food banks. Not only do you get to taste fresh food from right here in the Lone Star State, but you get to help other Texans in need.


Find out which restaurants in your area are participating here.

I started out my day with breakfast in San Antonio at Mi Tierra in Market Square. Mi Tierra is showcasing Texas beef in today's GO TEXAN special: Milanesa de Res.


I don't know how much room I'll have left for lunch and dinner, but I will do my duty as your Commissioner of Agriculture and try my best.

State Senator Jeff Wentworth along with representatives from the San Antonio Food Bank and Texas fruits and vegetables producers joined for me for breakfast.


Now it's time for me to head to lunch in Dallas. Be sure to check back, as I will be updating my blog with photos and more of my GO TEXAN Restaurant Round-Up tour of Texas.

UPDATE
We stopped in Dallas to have lunch at Fearings at the Ritz Carlton in Dallas. Chef Dean Fearing served up a delicious meal:



Cathy Barber with the Dallas Morning News, Chef Dean Fearing and Susan Auler with Fall Creek Vineyards chatted with me after lunch.

Below is a slideshow of photos from yesterday's press conference at the Capital Area Food Bank, and from this morning's delicious meal at Mi Tierra.

No comments: